COLUMBUS, OHIO $11-$14.50/HOUR
The Associate Support Staff in this position will be responsible for providing direct support, positive direction and assistance to individuals with disabilities by performing a variety of tasks in the areas of personal care.
• Ensure the health and safety of our consumers
• Administer medications
• Cook healthy meals, as instructed by a doctor
• Maintain a clean home by helping with daily chores and sometimes deep cleaning, when necessary
• Assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as: brushing teeth, showering, helping with dressing, etc.
• Plan and implement activities
• Transport consumers to activities they have planned or have requested in your personal vehicle, including medical appointments and meetings
• Document your shift as outlined below:
• Accurate mileage of any trips taken
• Homemaker personal care (HPC) activities completed during the shift
• Provider logs
• Behavior documentation
• Incident reports
• Communication logs
• Various logs that may be required by medical professionals, behavior specialists, etc.
• Communicate with co-workers and home managers about concerns or activities completed/need completed throughout the shift
• Maintain required certifications and training (recertification classes offered)
• Monitor medical needs of the individual(s)
• Provide emergency care, as needed
• Provide behavioral intervention, as needed
• Serve as a role model of appropriate behavior and social skills in the home and the community
• Conduct additional services requested by our consumer or their service team that may improve their quality of life, health and safety
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have a valid Ohio driver's license with 5 points or less
• Must have criminal record that qualifies you for developmental disability employment, based on the Ohio Revised Code
• At least one year working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred but not required
• Experience working with individual service plans (ISPs) or behavior support plans (BSPs) preferred but not required
• CPR/ First Aid
COLUMBUS, OHIO $15.00-17.00/HOUR
Ready to make a change for the New Year? Titus House Inc. is a client centered organization with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a team dedicated to treating all people with various needs with dignity and respect.
We have a short term part-time opportunity for an Associate Maintenance Technician to be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance operations for Titus House Inc.’s Corporate Campus. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for a constant assessment of the facilities to ensure the buildings and grounds provide a safe and comfortable environment for staff, and volunteers. This position is responsible for troubleshooting, planning and performing repairs, completing work orders, performing maintenance on equipment and placing orders and requisitions for supplies. Ensure the building, grounds and systems are maintained to the highest quality standards and within budget.
2 months with possible extension of project
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs routine and/or basic facility maintenance throughout the assigned facility including completing plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting, construction, cable installation, and PC replacement/repair according to manufacturer’s specifications. Performs preventative maintenance on facility equipment, maintains maintenance rooms, janitorial rooms, and related storage areas in a clean and organized manner to standards
· Performs routine custodial duties including. cleaning, dusting, and high speed buffing and waxing of floors
· Performs grounds upkeep as needed, including landscaping, flower planting and watering, and extensive snow removal at Titus House Office during season
· Performs general carpentry and finish work including painting (interior and exterior), patching and spackling drywall, and installing/removing flooring, etc.
· Work with volunteer groups for special projects
· Provides accessibility and support for contracted outside service providers
· Perform all other duties as necessary and assigned
· High School diploma,GED or Equivalent Work Experience required
· Some college or vocational experience preferred
· 1 - 2 years of previous maintenance experience required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated knowledge of grounds and facility maintenance
· Basic skills in carpentry, plumbing and electrical applications
· Ability to use a ladder, basic maintenance equipment and hand tools
· Strong interpersonal & customer service skills with effective written and oral communication skills are essential
· Ability to work without direct supervision
· Ability to take on tasks, without supervision, in order to keep facilities in proper condition
· Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
· Ability to lift and stand for long periods of time; walk, stoop and climb stairs regularly
· Willing to work overtime as needed
TITUS HOUSE INC.
"quality support to people with various ABILITIES"